Apply for Butterfly Innovation Award 2023
The Regional Cooperation Council is inviting creative minds to apply for the 2nd round of Regional Butterfly Innovation Award.
The Award seeks innovative, scalable, and market-based solutions from the Western Balkans. It aims to promote the innovation culture in the region through showcasing successful innovative achievements and empowering especially sensitive groups such as youth and women.
The Butterfly Innovation Award overall fund is set at 30,000 EUR. The best solution in each of the 6 categories will get the prize of 5,000 EUR. But there is more than that.
Butterfly Innovation Award 2023 categories
As last year, you can apply for up to two out of six categories:
- Industry Innovation - metal-processing, creative industries, agrofood, green & circular economy, tourism, fintech, edtech, biotech, healthtech, etc;
- Green Innovation - climate action, sustainable energy, mobility & agriculture, fight against pollution, nature and biodiversity protection, etc.;
- STEM Innovation - science, technology, engineering and mathematics;
- Youth Innovation - recognising undergraduate university or high school students;
- University Innovation - recognising entrepreneurial culture at universities;
- Women Innovation - recognising women innovators and entrepreneurs.
Eligibility criteria and timeline
We invite eligible individuals and organizations to apply and take part in this competition.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the Western Balkans.
Entries must fit within one of the official award categories and the innovative solutions must demonstrate an active impact in the Western Balkans.
The second regional Butterfly Innovation Award aims to continue supporting the Western Balkans’ economic development by embracing digital transformation and fostering environmental sustainability.
The application process is open from today until 20 November 2023.
The Butterfly Innovation Award winners will be announced at an event within one month after the submission deadline.
You can APPLY HERE.
Regional Butterfly Innovation Award is financed by the European Union and implemented by the RCC.
It is a part of the Common Regional Market Action Plan for the Western Balkans.