Call for Startups to Join Balkans Circularity Demo Day
If you are a startup you might want to join Balkans Circularity Demo Day 2023 to be held in Skopje on the 7th of December 2023.
It is a one-day event where selected circular startups will pitch in front of international panel of experts and investors.
The event provides hands-on support to early stage start-ups and businesses who seek to adopt circular economy principles, reduce waste and emissions, increase revenue, and develop innovative practices.
By participating at the event startups will be able to position their business as a leader in the circular economy, attracting talent and investment.
• Experiencing a regional, diverse and innovative environment
• Peer-to-peer exchange between startups and their international networks
• Pitch in front of recognized panel of experts and investors
• Covered travel and accommodation costs for attending the event
• You are part of a team or an individual entrepreneur with a circular business idea
• You aim to create a positive environmental and/or social impact in your community or economy through your product offerings, operations, or processes while creating a profit
• You are dedicated and eager to learn, and passionate about your cause
• You have a sound, technical understanding of your business or idea, but would like to learn more about how to build an effective and sustainable business model for success
• You are in your early stages
• Your business is innovative and unique in some way
• You want to learn, connect, and share with others: you are eager to network with like-minded green entrepreneurs from across the region
• You are comfortable with written & spoken English language
Who can apply?
• Startups and SMEs from Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Croatia and Slovenia
• The enterprise must operate or be intended to operate as a for-profit business in one of the economies listed above.
• The enterprise must demonstrate a circularity focus
• Quality of the business idea
• Technical and commercial feasibility
• Future potential for growth
• Stage of development
• Market expertise and team
• 18 circular startups (3 per economy) from the targeted economies will be selected to pitch
• Each startup will be given 5 minutes for presentation, followed by 5 minutes Q&A
• Travel and accommodation for one representative will be covered by the organizer
All interested startups need to register by filling out the following form by 3 November.
For any further information write at email@example.com.